About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Just a hello. Nothing in particular

Just a brief hello. I have caught up on some sleep. Not enough. I have caught up with some former Sponsees. Again not enough. I hope to catch up with family sometime this week and hopefully other former Sponsees and AA members. I find my family quite needy. Energy vampires! But I can handle them in small doses. I have important courses to apply for and applications to do. A backlog of paperwork. Lots of cleaning up! And I need to resume my fairly strict diet and exercise routine. Lots to do!
I would love to spend time with some monastics, and work permitting, I will. My body and nervous system is gradually winding down from its nervous energy for the last three months.
As for AA, I haven't given it much thought. Meetings for me are "the pub with no beer" so I enjoy going just to catch up with everybody and say hello, try to be useful, drink too much coffee etc. I might do a service commitment this summer and use the weekly meeting as an opportunity to catch up with people I haven't seen for a long time.
I will go to a meeting later today where I always see people I know and is socially pleasant. My mind feels relatively blank. I have no particularly obsessive thoughts. Nothing that is stuck on repeat. My head feels very empty at the moment. There are lots of problems at work, but I have no reaction to it, same as many other people I work with, simply because none of us are worried any more. There is simply no point in being worried. There is plenty of things wrong with AA, as always, but that doesn't bother me either. I'm sure I disagree with many people on many points about how AA runs itself, but this doesn't concern me. Basically I suppose I must be feeling very equanamous.
I am looking forward to spending time with people this summer who dwarf my limited experience. I thoroughly enjoy being around my elders and betters, even if I feel very foolish. Which happens quite a lot in their company. I intend to challenge myself in other ways this summer. So I will push myself out of my comfort zone. Diet and exercise should do that, amongst other things. If a senior Lama is visiting London this summer I will try to attend, but I will have to arrange it around my work commitments.
Well I better be off. Where there is seriously gorgeous over here. Really hot! So I hope you have a lovely Monday, and perhaps I will have something more interesting to say when I get back to you :)

5 comments:

Syd said...

I reach that place that you speak about where I'm not concerned. Sometimes I can stay there for days/weeks. But every once in a while I get tweaked by some niggling irritation. And it gets into my psyche once again. Still a work in progress! Thanks for posting.

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you...glad that life is flowing well, albeit it sounds busy...but that good busy.

I understand about the "not concerned" or as I say no reaction too...that is a great place to be and the more I practice the principles and steps the more I am able to dwell there for more time...

Hope you are well.

G

lana said...

i'm finding a particular co-worker to be an Energy Vampire as of late. ICK! i relate to the needy family and thus the need for small doses as well. i so GET it! :)

glad to hear there are no sticky thoughts at the moment. i hear them called 'velcro' thoughts those sticky ones. can be exhausting. i get them still but for the most part don't pay attention to the yammering about.

as for AA, i took a break as you know - for better or worse - right or wrong, yada yada, but it still very much pulls on my heartstrings to go back.

glad you found way to my new blog site. hope to keep in touch :)

enjoy your summer and the pretty weather !!! glad to hear you are getting a break.

Kathy Lynne said...

life goes on...

Femin Susan said...

Thanks for sharing......