About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

General Buddhist reading

This is about Tibetan Buddhism. Very elaborate and detailed, but all the same really deep down.
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying : A Spiritual Classic from One of the Foremost Interpreters of Tibetan Buddhism to the West (Paperback)
by Sogyal Rinpoche

This is about Theravadin Buddhism. A less elaborate path than Tibetan. Very simple in its structure. But at heart all teachings are about the same thing, just expressed in different ways.
A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield

This is about Zen Buddhism. A less elaborate path than Tibetan. Very simple in its structure. But at heart all teachings are about the same thing, just expressed in different ways.
Everyday Zen : Love and Work by Charlotte Joko Beck

This is about Zen Buddhism.
Nothing Special: Living Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck

This is about Theravadin Buddhism
After the Ecstasy, the Laundry : How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path by Jack Kornfield

Full Catastrophe Living : How to Cope with Stress, Pain and Illness Using Mindfulness Meditation by Jon Kabat-Zinn

Lovingkindness : The Revolutionary Art of Happiness by Sharon Salzberg, Jon Kabat-Zinn

Mindfulness Meditation for Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn

Anything by Ken Wilber. But Grace and Grit is a 'story' so easier to read.

The Forest Sangha newsletter Online

No comments: