About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Take a good all round multivitamin if you're new

When people are new, they have probably been eating really badly. Even people who have been around for a while often have poor eating habits. It's actually quite difficult to get all the stuff you need from food.
For instance, because I eat meat sparingly, I need to take iron supplements, and I think I eat pretty well.
So get into the habit of suggesting a good multivitamin for new people, or take one yourself if you're quite new, or not eating properly.
I take Floradix liquid which I get from health food shops for iron. But choose whatever you like. Its quite expensive, but I think the body absorbs iron better in a liquid form.
But the rule is, that until you have learned how to eat well, you should be taking a GOOD multivitamin. Living on biscuits and packets of crisps is pretty useless!!
The super expensive vitamins are the solgar range. But you can get them online too, pretty cheap. Another luxury brand is Cantamega 2000. I'm no expert but you could find an 'ok' one in a high street health food place. For the luxury brands, buy from the states!
But take one every day if you are still living on rubbish food.
*Not all new people are eating rubbish I might add, some have got their food sorted out already.

No comments: