About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Nip in and say Hi to SE at The World of an Addict..

Ah bless. Another new blogger. 6 months! Cool. Another alkie on the mend! Always a nice thing to see. Its called The World of an Addict.
I don't know if its a he or a she, but I dare say that will figure itself out in due course! Meantime its just SC. I kind of like using initials because they all sound like rappers names to me. You know like J Lo and all that nonsense..
Anyway just thought I'd let you know we have a new alcoholic blogger on the block!
Anyway hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday. For some strange reason I am POOPED and have been reading a book on the couch instead of going to the gym FIRST. Bah!!!
That's the problem with being mellow, you have to MAKE yourself do things. Bummer. All these things were SO much easier when I was driven by a neurotic desire to prove? something to ?? somebody. Ah well. You can't have everything! Sometimes I wish I had some sort of Nazi life coach to yell at me to do things...never mind.
So, Please,. if there are any recovering alcoholics with Nazi-like powers of bullying, you are very welcome to become a life coach on my behalf, as I am FAR too comfortable for my own good. WAY too mellow. Ah well. Right I think I need some STRONG coffee from the Algerian Coffee Store and haul my alcoholic ass to the GYM, before it is in danger of eclipsing the sun. Besides, there might ! be some cute guys in there. One never knows! Its always a bonus when there is a little eye candy to take ones mind off the (!!) grueling cardio..
Right I'm off! Have a nice Sunday!

1 comment:

johno said...

"Go to a meeting, talk to a newcomer. not sit with your feet up, wishing for someone to kick your ass, not Gym, not Reading" thats what my Sponsors gave as the solution for self obsession and self pity. Thats the second time i said this today. I think I need to do this aswell!!