About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bed Bug Infestation: Don't sit down on trains Between Aldgate East and Stratford

And other East End trains in that vicinity. Why? Because you are at risk of picking up a bed bug off the seat.
The bugs are about the size of an apple pip.
And the amount of infestation I London has shot up, but is much higher in those areas than other parts of London.
Getting rid of them is a total pain in the a*se. You have to chuck out mattresses, bedding etc. Its expensive!

Anyway. Just thought I'd share that with you!
I heard a pesticide guy who deals a LOT with bedbugs on LBC Radio recently saying he would NOT risk sitting on a London transport seat between those two stations. Plus loads of horror stories about the piles of bedbugs he has come across along the way..
Lovely!
On that cheery ! note! I will bid you all a deliriously happy Monday while I head of to (yes you've guessed it) the gym. Then Study!!

Oh and by the way I LOVE !!! this new gadget. (Super Trackstick GPS Tracking System) Pointless for someone like me as I am not scaling some obscure mountain at great personal risk, but I just LOVE Google earth, and quite like the idea of looking at a PROPER map and seeing a little journey trail of all the little places I go to. Pointless but FUN. Whatever..
I am VERY tempted to get one. We shall see.. I have a bunch of other stuff to sort out. So I'l do that first.
See y'all..

9 comments:

molly said...

glad to see ya back bloggin :) missed ya. Gosh - i thought bedbugs were make believe!!! Oh well, just another thing for me to "worry" about - just kiddin. Have a great day and week!

oh and if you ever need someone to help you justify any kind of purchase to yourself (like the tracking system), just call on me :)

Syd said...

I've missed your blogs too. But the bedbugs must be making a comeback because they were infesting hotels in New York. I can deal with pillow mites but not the BB.

Shadow said...

bugs? go away!!!!!

hubby loves his gps. me, i don't do maps, i stop and ask my way around. and the joke at home is hubby loves his gps, and i love my gsp (german short-haired pointer)...

glad to see you're back. been kinda quiet?!?!?

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

ah yes. Blogging takes a back seat during term time I'm afraid. Besides, I'm not very god at SHORT posts. !! I will have to try doing shorter ones. but realistically, i am going to be VERY busy till the summer... taking 30-45mins to write one and go visit a few blogs seems like a LUXURY at the moment! Ah well..

Anonymous said...

YUCK!

EEEW!

(but I'm sorry. i don't think you have to look much farther than your cattle/dairy industry to realize that something has gone terribly wrong in the UK)

good luck with your exams. hope to see you again soon.

Recovery Road London said...

Lmao - you've made me itch and squirm. I was walking past Aldgate East earlier...shall itch again no doubt next time I walk past!

Thanks very much! Lmao.

Kathy Lynne said...

Good to hear from you. Check out the blogging without obligation link on my blog. I appreciated the thought because I can find guilt about anything!

johno said...

am glad I dont go past Aldgate East! Semester 1, Week 3, and its all starting to make sense and fit into place, hope your settling in your 2nd year? :)

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

(Johno) busy!!!
(Kathy Lynne) Cool! Liking the B W Obligation link!
Thanks for stopping by y'all..
Have a FABULOUS Thursday!