About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

In mind of the current political preoccupations...

Seeing as how there's a load of preoccupation on governmental issues at the moment I thought I'd quote these...

We try not to indulge in cynicism over the state of the nations,
nor do we carry the world's troubles on our shoulders. p132

If only people would do as he wished, the show would be great. Everybody, including himself, would be pleased. Life would be wonderful. p61

He is like the retired business man who lolls in the Florida sunshine in the winter complaining of the sad state of the nation; p61

the minister who sighs over the sins of the twentieth century; p61

politicians and reformers who are sure all would be Utopia if the rest of the world would only behave; p61

Whatever our protestations, are not most of us concerned with ourselves, our resentments, or our self-pity? p61

No comments: