About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Comedy is VERY useful in recovery. Harry Hill clip

I just love 'Harry Hills TV Burp' programme.

I've added some British TV comedy links from Utube and what have you of stuff I like watching. Comedy is very subjective, so you may find it not funny at all, but I'm just saying that comedy has an important place in recovery because it teaches me to NOT TAKE MYSELF SO SERIOUSLY.
It teaches me to have a laugh, lighten up. It teaches me to have a sense of humor, helps me be witty. It teaches me how to be funny and say funny things to people that makes them laugh.
One of my 'service' things is that I will make people laugh if I think they are looking a bit fed up, or glum. Comedy had helped me a LOT in this. If you are a bit on the glum side, I recommend comedy of some sort on a regular basis.

Like I said before I have stuck some links on the right hand sidebar under 'funny', as a starting point. But I am sure you will find stuff that is more suited to your own comedy preferences if you look around. The ones I've listed are some of the ones I love. They're great to watch if I'm getting a bit moody. Music works the same way too.

I'm very mentally preoccupied with study and what have you lately, My mind is not really on recovery subjects at the moment! so that's why not so many post and visits, but hope you are all well! I'm not very good at thinking of two things at the same time. My mind is either in study gear or 'recovery' gear. At the moment I am pretty preoccupied my new doctrines, so they are constantly turning over in my mind. I still find myself thinking about seemingly complex recovery things from time to time, but by and large, my mind is 'booked' rumbling over this new stuff I'm learning. That's why there's fewer posts. It is like discovering a whole new country or something. Very exciting!
Anyway, thanks again for all your comments and everything, and sorry for not paying so many visits and all that, but I have a feeling I will be pretty busy till June or so. Who knows? If my mind changes gear slightly back into recovery during this busy period I'll post as and when.
In the meantime, hope you are being little recovery ninjas out there! Working a DAMM fine programme!

No comments: