About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Answers to your Prayers

God has only three answers to your prayers:
Yes
Yes, but not now
No, because I have something better for you

(This is an old one, but I was just reminded of it today). I have found it to be true in my recovery anyway. I trust when things drift apart, that it's time for one chapter to end so that another one can begin. Basically I have faith in 'failure' as a necessary closing of one door, to make way for the new.
So often we cling to 'the old ideas'. Anything familiar basically. Whether its good for us or bad for us, because we think there will be nothing better. What a load of !!! Very limited thinking! Our higher power has MUCH better plans for us! (Well that's what it's been like for me anyhow)

P100
When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God’s hands were better than ANYTHING we could have planned. Follow the dictates of a Higher Power and you WILL, (not might) presently live in a new and wonderful world, no matter what your present circumstances!
p63
Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, IF we kept close to Him and performed His work well.

By the way, when asking your higher power for help with ANYTHING, always finish it it off with 'IF it's your will', JUST IN CASE you ask for something that you can't handle!!!. Like they say... 'If you pray for an elephant, make sure you've got a big back garden!'

No comments: