About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Blissed out post-9th-Step weekly schedule..

I hate admitting this, but I actually did this kind of itinerary for 2-3 years.? I can't remember. I was a total junkie for the whole step 11 deal. I LOVED how it made me feel and I had this insatiable curiosity about how on earth it worked. I just couldn't get enough of it.
There's LOADS more stuff out there that you can do, but I thought id start with a basic structure for those of you that are that stage in your recovery. I know it looks a bit over the top, but I loved it. It felt great. I'm sure you'll figure out what appeals to you.

Monday.
1-6pm.
NFSH Healing at Leicester Square. Don't get there later than 5.30pm or you'll miss the proverbial boat. Nip in to Watkins on the way for a browse.
7pm
Alternatives. Piccadilly Circus.
Yes its just an excuse to flog books, cd's etc, and 99% of the people that show up are usually scoping the joint for a date. But don't let that put you off. There are some VERY respectable authors that show up. And for 10 quid that's alright.

Tuesday
1-4pm
NFSH Healing at the Homeopathic Hospital. If you are free during the day.
By the way there is an alright lunchtime meeting 1-2 a stones throw away as well, if you happen to be in the neighborhood.
7pm
Amaravati meditation group in Holland Park. You need to phone beforehand AND BE VERY POLITE beforehand. You can't just show up. Ask me for the phone no and I'll txt it to you.

Wednesday
7pm.
Meditation Group at the London Buddhist Vihara (See links menu)
THIS IS A PROPER MONASTERY SO PLEASE SHOW UP AT LEAST 10MINS EARLY.
Why? Because the silence is deafening. Making late entrances REALLY awkward. And rude.

Thursday
Where else to go but the finest meeting in London town. Possibly the universe! Hahaaa. Just kidding with you!!
The purpose of attending to attend to your sponsees and be of service to the newcomer. As opposed to a social club that is. The intention makes ALL the difference I find.

Friday
2.30-8.30pm.
NFSH Healing at Leicester Square. Don't get there later than 8.30pm or you'll miss the proverbial boat. Nip in to Watkins on the way for a browse.

6.30-9pm
Join the taster class at the Zen school of shiatsu. 8 quid or something. Its very healing! Resist the urge to sign up for the 3 grand course straight away! Its very tempting!

Naff off to Amaravati for the weekend as a guest OR to attend one of their (VERY cool) weekend retreats.

Saturdays

10.15-1pm
Thich Nhat Hanh Sitting group of Lay (meaning non monastic) followers at Hop Gardens. See Links Menu for details. They listen to a talk by Thich Nhat Hanh and do some sitting and walking meditation. Sometimes you meet some interesting people at these types of things. Like AA, the occasional 'crazy' (?) shows up from time to time, so don't just assume everyone is 'together'.

2-8.30pm
Long Meditation class at the London Buddhist Vihara.
VERY cool, as you get to hear a talk (hopefully) by the Abbot. Who is a VERY cool human being.
Last Saturday of every Month. The next ones are..
28th October
25th November
27th January

Or go to the meditation class at Amaravati. But its a bit of a hike getting there.

Sundays
10-5pm
Every now and again they have a Meditation Sundays with a visiting Theravdin monk at the Buddhist Society. Victoria. Check the events section of their webpage.
I think you may need to become a member to attend. But its a nominal yearly fee.
They also have a Zen monk/nun come to visit some Sundays from 11-3.30.

You could try going to one of the HUGE massive ANCIENT churches in London for a Christian service just to see what it feels like.
St Paul's for instance
Or Westminster Cathedral.
You know, somewhere very ancient and famous. London is FULL of them, and they do have great energy. I haven't been to services myself. But I LOVE the way they feel and how ancient they are. And they are very beautiful too I might add.

Weekend Mind body spirit type workshops.
They usually cost about 200-300 quid. Pretty expensive, so only go with the MOST critically acclaimed authors. There are a lot of kooks out there!! Be careful what you spend your money on!

Well if you do that every week, you may feel completely spaced out and fabulous!! Heh heh.
People will start calling you a Space Cadet! But that's a small price to pay for how nice it feels..

No comments: