About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Friday, October 06, 2006

What a cool Being!

"Every person whose heart is moved by love and compassion, who deeply and sincerely acts for the benefit of others without concern for fame, profit, social position, or recognition expresses the activity of Chenrezig."
Bokar Rinpoche
-- Chenrezig: Lord of Love

Chenrezig may be the most popular of all Buddhist deities, except for Buddha himself -- he is beloved throughout the Buddhist world.

In his Teaching on the Chenrezig Sadhana, Kalu Rinpoche said "one does not think of the deity's body as solid or material, made of flesh and blood like one's ordinary body, or made of metal or stone like an idol. One thinks of it as appearance that is inseparable from emptiness, like a rainbow or like a reflection in a mirror."

We have flesh and blood bodies, but not as much compassion as we would like to have, and Chenrezig has a body made of rainbows, and boundless impartial compassion. When we put those two extremes together, in the Chenrezig meditation, we move in the direction of manifesting as a being with a flesh-and-blood body and unlimited compassion -- with maybe a few rainbows thrown in for decoration.

Well. There are some very inspiring quotes about this Being.
It sunds to me as though this being is all about warmth and concern for ALL our fellow men. Even the ones that are difficult to love.
I see compassion as the OPPOSITE of resentment. Because the more I am able to feel compassion, the less I am able to justify ANY resentment. I see Compassion as Mercy. A merciful heart. I LOVE the prayer (to your higher power0 which is simply 'Mercy'. I find it very moving, but then I find all prayers, hymns, you name it, very moving. So gawd knows.
But I think for those of you that can still feel the bitterness of judgment in your hearts. See this empowerment as a way of softening your heart, and truly noticing the wounds ALL men carry. Instead of noticing all the things others do which seem to be in opposition to our desires.
Souns like a love fest basically. A love in!
Very cool. Anything that moves you further away from resentment can only be a good thing.
I think this empowerment sounds very cool. Its bound to be REALLY popular.
Oh well.

No comments: