This is totally free and is a WONDERFUL place.
Bring a nice marks and spencers cake to share or a packet of PG. it's always nice to bring something instead of showing up empty handed.
See their website in the links menu to see the full schedule.
Try to get there for 1.30 as the thing starts at 2. And try to stay for the whole thing as it's really quite a special place and had a wonderful vibe.
Its a 5min skip and a hop from Turnham green station, which is on the Piccadilly line. So its pretty darned easy to get to!
Don't plan anything 'over stimulating' afterwards as you will NOT be in the mood at all after this! You will be very chilled out!
London Buddhist Vihara.
• 2.00-2.15 Introductory Talk
• 2.15-3.30 Sitting Meditation Practice
• 3.30-4.00 Walking Meditation Practice
• 4.00-4.10 Tea
• 4.10-5.00 Sitting Meditation Practice
• 5.00-5.30 Walking Meditation Practice
• 5.30-6.00 Dhamma Talk
(Hopefully by the Abbot who is a VERY cool human being. Comes HIGHLY recommended. This is the BEST bit!!!!)
• 6.00-6.30 Tea & refreshment
• 6.30-7.30 Metta Bhavana (loving-kindness)
• 7.30-8.00 Questions and Answers, Discussion
Last Saturday of every Month. The next ones are..
- An Irish Friend of Bill
- I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Sat 28th October 2-8.30pm. Monthly Retreat at the Turnham Green Vihara
Posted by An Irish Friend of Bill
Labels: After Step 9, Buddhism, Events, Step 11
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment