About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Check out this new AA Recovery Blog. My kind of guy!

It's a cool long time sober Buddhist AA guy explaining stuff about relationships and it's called Relationships in Recovery
Right up my street! Cool. Isn't the blogsphere GREAT? You get to read what people with (what I consider to be) 'niche' experience and interpretations have to say on things. I'm not kidding. I VERY RARELY meet people with a similar outlook in AA. Ie a little bit 'clinical' in the way they view the 'suffering alcoholic, a chunk of Buddhist experience, so a bit ? 'esoteric' for want of a better word, and PLENTY of time in AA.
So cool! I'm happy. Just my cup of tea. Looks VERY interesting..

Disclaimer: If you know me you will know I am very comfortable with differences of opinion, and have never had a problem with the idea of different viewpoints, so you will know that when I say that I really like the look of something, that doesn't mean I agree with EVERYTHING they say. I see nothing 'disrespectful' about drawing a different conclusion than the other fellow. But that's another post really.

Basically it looks very interesting, so check it out. There's a lot of useful information about relationships, which his GREAT because I have always noticed that there are a always a LOT of people in AA who are NOT in a relationship, and I'm a strong believer in the healing effects of CONSTRUCTIVE relationships, as opposed to abusive / chronically dependent ones!

4 comments:

doctor a said...

Aren't you a sweetheart!!
I am delighted and humbled by your very kind words about my blog. Thanks so much.

Syd said...

I can really identify with much of what is written about knots in a marriage. I'm still trying to figure out whether the knot needs to be untied.

ArahMan7 said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence my Irish Friend of Bill. Yes, I admit I spent a lot of times at my blog. She's gonna be the flagship and I wanna dress her up to be beautiful.

I went to your new found friend, Doctor A, interesting post he got there.

Have you seen Web Directory?

ArahMan7 said...

I'm so happy you like it. Subscribe to my feed, coz more knowledge about blogging will sure to come in my coming posts.