About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lousy posture? Pretend you're wearing a cloak!

Hey its an NLP trick I heard someplace. Some mind body spirit type thing. Its actually quite fun to do and is a dang site better than staring guiltily at the pavement or avoiding peoples eyes in crowded city centers whilst walking about. Alkies are great 'pavement-starers'. Gawd knows why.

I love those Americas/Britain's Next top model TV shows, because I love seeing people turn from 'caterpillars' into 'butterflies'. Ok, so they are all a bit ! mad, but the transformation is pretty impressive. Gives me hope!
Anyway it takes them AGES to learn how to walk right, (even with PROPER tuition) and trying to walk properly is a REALLY easy way to improve your appearance. I mean, what's the point of having really cool clothes if you slouch or cant stand up straight? Anyway, after watching those contestants really struggle to walk right, I thought it wouldn't do any harm to make more of an effort to have a good posture, and the old 'cloak' trick came to mind. Made me laugh, and I thought I'd share it.
NLP workshops cost a LOT of money you know, so I've saved you a few quid with that little tip!

3 comments:

johno said...

pavement starer, yeh i identify with that one!! yoga's helping with the posture, its taking a while to re-adjust the mainframe though. Some people just seem to look good whatever they wear though dont they ? effortless! Yeh I have envy on that one.

Anonymous said...

I'll take this over spending $ on a workshop :)

Many times I catch myself slouching in my chair @ work, if only I could get zapped or something when this happens . . .

Sarah said...

Love it! I'm such a sloucher.