About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ride the Storm: Roachford Vs Mync Project

This UTube version is Rochford Vs Carl Kennedy – ‘Ride The Storm’ (White Label). I heard this first on Pete Tong's Friday show on 23 March and LOVED it, but now you can buy the mp3 online. I prefer this version, but its been released as Roachford Vs Mync Project – ‘Ride The Storm’ (Cr2). I think it's REALLY positive. But that's me. It's a very personal taste so you might hate it, and that's ok! You don't have to like it you know! Just thought I'd mention it. The audio on this version is not the best, but I prefer this mix to the Mync Project version, that's all.

Some better quality audio versions are
Roachford Vs Mync Project – ‘Ride The Storm’ (Cr2)Online mp3. Look near the bottom of the webpage for the little headphone icons, and click on them to hear an mp3 sample of the track.
and
BBC webpage Listen again of Pete Tong's Radio 1 show
6mins and 55 seconds into the show he plays the Mync Project version. They only keep the shows online for one week, so I imagine this will lbe replaced on Friday.
And if If you like that kind of thing..
14min and 45s into the show there is another good track: Too much Information. by ?
17min and 56s into the show: A great new track by Prince (Yeah the 80's one) called "Guitar'.
53mins and 40s into the show: Fedde Le Grand Vs Ida Corr – ‘Let Me Think About It’ (Data)

I always manage to find one decent track someplace on this weekly show. Thank GOD for the Bug Digital Radio, otherwise I would never be able to record the show..


Lyrics: Roachford: Ride the Storm

Hey my soul sister don't you look so sad
It's time to stop thinking about what you ain't got and see the things you have
Now don't you go and throw it all throw it all away
Tomorrow doesn't have to be just another yesterday

Ride the storm, life goes on, Life goes on, ride the storm

'Cos I can't watch you drown away, drown in your own tears
Everybody gets hurt sometimes, and everybody has fears
You say you want to end it all, but don't you get that rad baby
Cause if you want the good things, you got to taste the bad sometimes
That's how it is

Ride the storm, life goes on, Life goes on, ride the storm
'Cos I know that life can get hazy, but don't let this world drive you crazy, hear me baby
So don't let your world turn a permanent shade of blue
You've got to learn to kick the habit baby, before it starts to kick you yes it will
Don't you know you're bold enough and strong enough to fight
Someway somehow you know it's going to be all right
That's how it is

Ride the storm, life goes on, Life goes on, ride the storm

1 comment:

Kathy Lynne said...

Loved that! Great way to start my day. Got a good beat and its easy to dance to:) (not sure non Americans or actually even young Americans will get that but whatever.) Seriously though, I love the sentiment. That's going on the IPod. Thanks for turning me on.