About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, March 26, 2007

View from the Monastery Kitchen: Blog by Jim the Kitchen Manager

It's called View from the Monastery Kitchen. Cool.

I must get up to Harnham sometime!!!
I LOVE this silly blog about kitchen requirements!

I LOVE the photos of Harnham, but then I love these chain of monasteries in the main. But this one looks LOVELY.

The poor guy who is effectively being asked to write lists of stuff that they need like ONIONS and other !! Fascinating stuff, is actually a rather entertaining read. Im not sure if he is a novice or a 'proper monk'. I think he might be a proper one. Cool!

Ah. Reminds me of the old days, down at the Devon monastery.. What a COOL place that was! But that's emotionally living in the PAST. Nostalgia, is just a sneaky way of dragging us out of the present moment. Easy to do!

Oh yeah, and all the Theravadas have finished their winter retreat as of the end of Feb, so its back to 'business as usual' at Amaravati and what have you.

No comments: