About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Some happy UK life coaches I heard on the radio..

I heard these two do an interview on LBC radio, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how jolly, positive and solution orientated they were. Not intense, or earnest. Quite hippy-ish. They call themselves 'the Ministry of common sense', or Holly and Shirley. Apparently they are on TV over here, but I never watch the thing and I am in no hurry to.

I'm sure these two human beings are as deeply flawed and fallible as EVERY other human being, but I like their ability to speak very POSITIVELY, and they have figured out some good ideas for being positive along the way which I'm sure I can learn something from.
Do NOT put them on a pedestal, or think they 'know better' than you or I. they don't. (Just in case you are of that inclination)
But it's nice to listen to something positive every now and again. That's all. Its nice to be reminded of a positive way of looking at the world. I just don't see nearly enough people like this, so I like to focus in on them if I discover one along the way. That's all.

Here are the 'boxes' they tick for me..
(Seemingly) not materialistic. Attached to ideas of 'status'.
(Seemingly) not a lot of 'ego' going on.
Happy
Positive
Refuse to be a 'victim'
Really understand how helping other people makes you feel FANTASTIC. Hence the choice of being life coaches I suppose..
Vegetarian
Belief in exercise as a way of staying positive.
Belief in healthy eating as a way of staying positive.
Belief in looking good and having fun.
Belief in meditation as a daily way of life.
Upbeat.
Belief that drinking and drugging are a bit naff and boring. Smoking too probably.

If in future some terrible scandal arises as to some aspect of their lives, this will only prove that ALL humans are very fallible.
For some reason, I am a little uneasy about what I have a 'hunch' about regarding their sexual conduct, but IT IS NOT FOR ME TO JUDGE ANOTHERS SEXUAL CONDUCT. So there! Its NONE OF MY BUSINESS. ALL judgment is WRONG and actually says a LOT more about ME than it does other people.
So there! Besides they are single as far as I know so its no big deal. I'm just a bit of a wimp when it comes to some more modern relationship styles, that's all. And after all, it is only a HUNCH. Nothing more.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw that one in, because for whatever reason I have very compelling hunches about people quite a LOT of the time!
Also because I am very much against making anyone (including myself) a 'guru' or 'better than', so I like to draw attention to the (rather depressing) fallibility of ALL humans..

Disclaimer: Just so you know, I have got people TERRIBLY wrong in the past, so if these two turn out to be lying charlatans then its not my fault! Don't blame me! I just thought they sounded positive, that's all..
I tend to believe people because I pretty much tell the truth, so if these people are lying, it not my fault!!

No comments: