About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, March 26, 2007

May very well have booked up already but: Easter Retreat at Jamyang Fri 6th-2.30pm Mon 9th April

I've not done a 'proper' retreat at Jamjang, but the reason I liked the sound of it was because of the cost and accessibility. Basically if you live near the centre anyway, this would (I think!) be less palaver than hiking up to Amaravati. It could be a but weird having to go home after a 'full on' day. Meaning it might be a bit 'rough; getting dumped back into the 'real world' at the end of the meditation day, but it might not be that bad. To get the full effect, it would probably be best to steer clear of your usual pals, till its over on Monday afternoon. Including discos bars clubs etc etc!!
You can always go AFTER the retreat!
Its 8am to 7pm!! Not for pansies!

Anyway, here's the details: Its £15 to £20 at day apparently. If you are not 'living in'. This is a BARGAIN for those of you that do not know!

Retreat with Teachings on Kindness, Compassion and Understanding
Led by Geshe Tashi

As a river to the sea,
As the sea to the clouds,
As clouds to the land,
So does bodhicitta beautify this world.

This Easter Retreat led by Geshe Tashi is a new addition to the programme, and we hope will become a regular feature in coming years. Previous participants have found retreats led by Geshe Tashi to be a profound and wonderful opportunity for peace and meditation. It is preferable to follow the entire retreat programme. The retreat is organised, however, so you can attend by the day, providing that you attend the full day from 8am to 7pm.

Daily Schedule
8.00 motivation & precepts
9.15 meditation
10.30 teaching
1.30 personal practice or reading lamrim
2.45 meditation
4.15 teaching
5.15 meditation
6.15 prayers and dedications

Please book as soon as possible by contacting the office, as places are likely to go very quickly.

No comments: