About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Podcasts of Ajahn Munindo. (The Abbot at Harnham)

I just didn't realize they were doing Podcasts at Harnham. now, that's all.

This guy is COOL. Trust me! He KNOWS his subject, and just sounds like a nice guy who doesn't take any crap from people. Tough! But very gentle at the same time. I LOVE that combination. Excuses would NOT wash with a guy like this, but there is TREMENDOUS compassion as well.
Basically a cool bloke.
These guys are BLESSINGS to the world.

Thank you Universe, for the existence of these people!!

I don't know about you, but I NEED people like this to explain some things and 'show' me how to be kind and compassionate. I learn BEST from following other peoples example. Just being around cool people really. I do not find that I need to have endless conversations with them, or interact with them. I just need to hear them, or read their words, or be around them. I love the 'silent teaching' from just being in the presence of cool people. Its LOVELY.
Anyway, I digress. As usual!!
Better be off! Yeah I have a TON of stuff to do!!

No comments: