About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Tell me to get OFF the (thoroughly addictive) internet, and go do some study!

Instead of saying 'that's nice' or 'that really helped' etc etc, make some hard-assed Nazi-like comment along the lines of 'Shouldn't you be studying right now?' 'Why ARE you blogging today?' and things like that!!
I am not an antisocial bastard, I just HAVE SO MUCH READING TO DO RIGHT NOW IT'S NOT FUNNY. I need to be either
In the library
At home reading
NOT ON THE INTERNET BLOGGING OR LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLE'S BLOGS.

Sheesh!
I like aa, and alkys. I love it actually. Well I love what it taught me and the life it has given me, BUT I NEED TO CONCENTRATE ON OTHER STUFF RIGHT NOW. Like study and a MILLION books. I think even if I used ALL my free time to study, it would STILL be insufficient to read things 'properly', so THE FREE TIME IS SIMPLY NOT THERE.
So please help me in my woeful journey towards a disciplined study life by telling me to naff off and do some study!
Well you don't HAVE to, but its wrong for me to spend time getting sidetracked by all your interesting and uplifting stories when my priorities need to be somewhere else. I cannot seem to do it in sufficient moderation, so its best to avoid it as much as possible. 'One is too many and a hundred isn't enough' sort of thing. Well for now anyway. Hopefully not for long.
So there. Anyone who has done a step 4 will know how creative we can be when it comes to finding diversionary activities!! Displacement activity I think they call it.

I'm not uneducated by any stretch, but this is a whole new level of academic challenge. And in THIS respect, I am a beginner. I find AA stuff really easy to be honest. It just feels like second nature to me now. Its a total comfort zone.
This new level of academic brain-ache on the other hand, is NOT.

So I need to do less blogging!!!! Ideally none, till I get on top of this study! 'First things first' as they say..
So please don't think im being antisocial. I just need to study, study, and study, oh yeah, and then do some study. Finished off with a little bit more studying.
Reading stuff that makes my brain hurt and makes me think I must be actually rather stupid because its so intractable.
Apart from that my life is one of happy leisure!!

Good old April seems to have it all down to a fine art. I'm not quite there yet, but intend to be!!
So anyway, just thought I would let you know, so you don't encourage me to spend any more time on here than is truly necessary.
I have SO much self discipline when it comes to other stuff, but when it comes to this stuff I'm 'not there yet'. I'm hoping my 'inner nazi' or 'inner marine' will take over and start ordering me around soon! My 'inner hippy' seems to be running the show in regard to this area, although you would never know that by the other things I manage to get done. Oh well. The joys of being a 'beginner' at a new skill!!

All nazi-like reminders to study will be gratefully received!
In the meantime I hope you all have as fabulously interesting spiritual journeys as I have had. I'll pop my head round the door from time to time, but really I SHOULD be studying!!

So I'm off to do some (guess what?) STUDY. Hahaaa
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

good luck studing and BLOG STILL

JJ said...

What? Wait? Keeping blogging. It helps me.
JJ

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

heheh. thanks shannon and jj! well I won't be disappearing, just becoming more infreqent than I have been lately. if I can limit my time more effectively and stop using it as a study distraction it will be ok. perhaps I need a REALLY strict time limit per day? the good news was I got stuck into study yesterday, so i'm quite pleased with that, and I'm feeling a lot more postive about studying today. If I can find a way of limiting my time spent blogging will not be a study 'cop out', and everything will be fine! the balance just isn't quite right yet!

Meg Moran said...

"peep"