About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

God REALLY does speak to you through 'random' people in (and out of) meetings

Actually I DO go to meetings to hear what God has to say to me through random people. Or to see who God has decided to put in my path that day. I AM taught by the synchronicity of both what people say and do in meetings. Also by who shows up. It IS true. You DO hear what you need to hear, if you are TRYING to stay in fit spiritual condition. I might add that part of staying in fit spiritual condition, means (for me) that I aim to be neither AA dependent, meeting dependent, or person/sponsor dependent. So I pretty much know that I can feel pretty good even if I go to very few or no meetings. I have been going to about one a week since November 05 because I've been co secretary, and if you know me, I'm sure you can see that I'm fine! (Actually I needed to go to more to find speakers, and I have enjoyed going to more.) Having said that, I am sure that if I really needed to go without meetings I would be fine. I have in the past gone to one every 6 weeks. Reluctantly! But I can be 'of service' ANYWHERE. I don't need to be in a meeting to do that. So if you are my sponsee, in theory that option is available to you, IF you decide to approach recovery in a similar fashion to myself. AA badly needs good sponsors though, so I hope you continue to look for people that really WANT what you've got and are willing to do exactly what you suggest. Because if they get well, they will be a great blessing to AA. In my opinion.
I'm only saying that because I don't want you to bugger off to have a life after step 9 without putting anything back into AA. Trust me you will NEED the 'good karma points' generated by 'constant thought of others' in order to invite blessings into your life! It may seem like you are constantly having to get busy making 'lemons into lemonade', but HAVE FAITH!! Sponsoring alcoholics is on of the MOST powerful ways I have found of generating 'good karma points'. So use it! Its a VERY powerful spiritual 'workout'. It produces MASSIVE amounts of blessings in every sense. Mental, emotional, physical, coincidental. Everything really. For me it has proved to be a very powerful vehicle for getting where I want to get in my mind and my emotions. I have experienced what I think are miracles of healing. I really _should_ be a train wreck. It really not normal for me to be happy, or even have enough basic skills to make my life better. If I have these skills, they are a gift from God and nothing else. They certainly did NOT originate in me. They are blessings.
So, DO THE RIGHT THINGS AND THE RIGHT THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!
That's REALLY how it works. I have come to rely on it!!
The Universe knows EXACTLY what you are doing and will reflect back to you what you 'put out'. Trust me, the world is SO weird it would make your head spin if you even had a HINT of how weird it is. NOTHING is quite as it seems! And the 'world of the Spirit' is VERY real. And sees everything! And reacts accordingly! And knows a LOT more than you will EVER know. Thank God for a higher power to look out for us in this weird business of trying to make sense of life!

PS Please ignore this if this 'does your head in'. Its a post step 9 conversation really. Step 11 stuff I suppose..

No comments: