About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thich Nhat Hanh. Suggested Reading

Basically ALL his books are great. But I've just listed a few here.

Call Me by My True Names: The Collected Poems of Thich Nhat Hanh
This is very heartfelt, moving stuff. Poetry is like a painting of inner landscapes. Very beautiful. Teaches you how to have emotions skillfully in recovery. Also a lesson in gratitude.

Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
Being Peace

These two books are step 11 starter kits. A very simple introduction to mindfulness, Buddhism and mediation.

The Long Road Turns to Joy: Guide to Walking Meditation
This is a VERY cool way to meditate that you can do ANYWHERE. TNH is the grand master of walking meditation, so you may as well learn from the best!

A Pebble for Your Pocket (for children)
This is lovely and teaches children how to meditate in the simplest sense

No comments: