About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Stuff that makes people want to be in the same room as you

This is in the context of dating I suppose. This is what I think works.

What can I do for you today? The milk of human kindness. Belief in the goodness of mankind. Compassion. Being able to move on. Not holding a grudge. Liking men. Having no resentments toward men. Constant thought of others. Kindness. Generosity. Being absolutely honest all the time. Even when it means you have to have uncomfortable conversations. (in a considerate fashion). Being able to do stuff that you don't want to do. Restraint of tongue and pen. Impulse control. Skillful honesty. Social skills. Staying out of harms way when you have the hump temporarily. Patient endurance. Being comfortable being uncomfortable. (A necessary skill if you are to endure waves of irrational reactive emotions such as defensiveness WITHOUT acting out).Telling the truth. Authenticity. Humility. Not taking yourself too seriously. Being able to laugh at yourself. Being able to laugh full stop! Common sense. Uncomplicated. Don't let things get on top of you. Just get on with it. No big deals. Wear life like a loose garment. Ability to enjoy life. Look after your body and your appearance. Make up. Heels. Being fun. Ability to have fun. Being guileless. Intelligence. Hard work. Not being attached to any particular 'form' as such, just wanting the relationship to work.
All the stuff in the poem called the invitation by oriah mountain dreamer.

No comments: