About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sober 'stuff' to do if you are bored

Some people cannot think of things to do now they are no longer in the pub. (!!) usually before they have finished step 9!! After step 9, there never seems to be enough hours in the day!!
But for those of you who can't think of anything, here are some ideas..

All of these things can be ways of meeting new people

Go to the gym!!
Running clubs
Cinema. As many films as you like for 14 quid a month.
Online community of self help and AA stuff
Blogging
Newsgroups
London Markets such as...
Brick lane market on sundays
Portobello market
Meditation classes
Shiatsu Class 6.30pm Fridays Old Street EC2A 4NP
Mind body spirit-type workshops
Retreats
Cityskate
Cycling clubs or organized cycle rides.
(lots of fit guys with tight buns ladies!!)
London walks.
Be a tourist for the day!
The London Riverboat to Kew
Top of a Sightseeing Bus!
Go on the London eye
Go rowing in Hyde park
Go see the London dungeons
Frisbee in the park
Cycling in Richmond park.
Endless coffees, window shopping and problem solving after meetings on the Kings road.
Horse riding lessons in Hyde park
Fencing lessons in a local club
Tate Modern
Serpentine Gallery
The royal academy
Soames Museum
Cool V&A exhibitions
Classes of some description from Floodlight magazine.
Cooking classes
Comedy Clubs
Skype
Open university course

No comments: