About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Green Tara Mantra

If you have become what I call 'energetically sensitive' as a result of doing the first 9 steps. This will help you keep psychic attack and negative vibes generally at bay.

It goes.
OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
A Picture of the Green Tara is here.

There are many types of what is called 'psychic protection' on the market so to speak. But my two favorites are..
A. Generating good karma/energy by 'constant thought of others', (provided your MOTIVE is good).
B. The Green Tara Mantra

I know virtually nothing of these things, but I am of the belief that the Green Tara is a protective 'Being' or 'Energy" or both. Either way, as far as I'm concerned, she is REAL. And very powerful. She always decides to incarnate as a female. She is a very strong female energy. She is very green and sits on a lotus. Her only 'job' is to PROTECT.
Rather than try to explain it I'll just tell you how to use the Mantra.

Basically just repeat it over and over. The more you practice, the better you get! You can say it whilst using a Mala if you like. You can buy Malas at places like Watkins in the Links menu sidebar. Also you can get picturesof her and other 'Beings' in places like Watkins.
In addition to that you can visualize her while you say the Mantra. Sometimes I just visualize her in the centre of the room that I happen to be in. I imagine her to be a huge irridescent luminous enegy with female form, sitting in a very distinct pose like the picture depicts. With balletic accuracy of limbs. Very beautiful and filled with light. Large too. The size of two people high, with an elaborate and detailed 'thing' that she is 'sitting' on. She's very cool in my opinion.
Anyway I digress. What I have found, is that I DO get protected form 'bad' vibes and hostility of sorts

Disclaimer: Ignore this completely if this does your head in! I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in trying to make you adopt ANY practice that you do not feel ok about. This is an OPTIONAL step 11 'widget' for want of a better word, only for those that like to try.

Disclaimer 2: Please use common sense with this! Do not seek out dodgy people places and things for no particular reason and think you will be 'safe' because you have this mantra! The universe does not reward wanton stupidity!

No comments: