About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A lower fat percentage means you're less likely to get Cancer

And type 2 diabetes
And heart disease.

See BBC article Weight link to breast cancer risk

Do yourself a favor and go to the gym! An hour every day would be great. And stop eating things that you tend to overeat, because that's what makes your fat percentage go up.
The NHS is already on its knees, so don't expect prompt treatment when you need it. Take preventative steps now by reducing your fat percentage, increasing muscle mass, and eating bland healthy foods in moderation.

You will thank me later when you are informed by your local health authority that they cannot provide any more diabetes drugs till the beginning of the next financial year (April 200?) because they have already spent their entire budget for medication, but that you may be able to buy the drugs yourself over the internet from Croatia. But that they cannot guarantee that the drugs are made to the standards they expect in the NHS. You will end up spending your savings on dodgy pills from croatia to tide you over till April. You won't have a choice. Because if you do not medicate your type 2 diabetes every day, you risk losing your eyesight or a limb, or going into hypoglycemic shock.

Trust me it PAYS to take care of your body. Fat percentage is no longer a 'vanity' issue. Its desperately important, and may be the determining factor that prevents you getting cancer and diabetes in future.

Basically the gym is NOT an option!
Sorry! But its true I'm afraid....
The writing is on the wall with the NHS. So take preventative steps today!!

No comments: