About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, June 05, 2006

As Gentle as Doves, but as Wise as Serpents

This was Jesus's advice to his Disciples when they went out to carry 'their message'.
It's VERY smart advice in my opinion!

YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE

Please do NOT leave your brains at the door when it comes to being Spiritual!!

This is NOT about some fluffy, spaced-out, cloud cuckoo land where we all hold hands and 'share' (Pass the bucket!)

Being GULLIBLE is NOT Spiritual
TRUSTING BLINDLY AND UNTHINKINGLY is NOT Spiritual
NOT USING YOUR BRAIN is NOT Spiritual

Please use your Brain!!
NOT in the service of your various neuroses!
But in the service or understanding, awareness, and wisdom.

Chapter 9. THE FAMILY AFTERWARD
page 130
We have come to believe
He would like us to keep our heads in the clouds with Him,
but that our feet ought to be FIRMLY PLANTED ON EARTH.

Chapter 9. THE FAMILY AFTERWARD
page 130
We have found nothing incompatible
between a powerful spiritual experience
and a life of SANE AND HAPPY USEFULNESS.

No comments: