About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Only Lightweights are Perfectionists

Chapter 5. HOW IT WORKS page 60
We are not saints.
The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines.
The principles we have set down are guides to progress.

Chapter 5. HOW IT WORKS page 60
We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection

Perfectionists have a LOUSY tolerance for error.
Their REAL problem is one of intolerance of human fallibility.

The 'NInja's' are out there, making mistakes and getting better day by day,
regardless of the errors they make along the way.

'Just do your lousy best' as a cool old timer used to say.

If you continue to be perfectionistic,
despite being aware of the instruction given on page 60
then you are doing the OPPOSITE of what the big book is instructing you to do.

“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior,
another is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.”
Henry C. Link quote

No comments: