About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Don't be a 'Mental Loafer'

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 86
Under these conditions
we can employ our mental faculties with assurance,
for after all
God gave us brains to USE.

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 85
"How can I best serve Thee,
Thy will (not mine) be done."
These are THOUGHTS which must go with us CONSTANTLY.
We can exercise our WILL POWER along this line all we wish.
It is the proper use of the will.

So Please
use your Brain
and employ your will power in the service of doing the suggetsions.

Thinking is fine if you direct it along these lines.

No comments: