About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Weepy? Overwhelmed? Try the Taoist arch!



Stand with feet shoulder width apart
Or an comfortable pose
Bend the torso back, looking upward
Without excessive strain
Reach the arms out fully to the front, the sides, and behind the lower back
Breathe fully
Exhaling with a deep sigh of satisfaction or a warm expression of greeting and enthusiasm.

Excellent for emotional processing. This can be dramatic and forceful when the pose is held for a minute or more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG thank you Irish!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Cool isn't it?
Its a physical therapy that moves enery around in the body. Chi Kung is very similar. I have listed the relevant books ubder the label physical therpies and book recommendations. Its a step 11 'trick'. The mind is weird really. Perception is very flexible really. The book I got this from is called 'energy exercises' or something. ahhh found it

Energy Exercises: Easy Exercises for Health and Vitality - Based on Dr.Randolph Stone's Polarity Therapy (Paperback)
by John Chitty (Author), Mary Louise Muller (Author)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energy-Exercises-Vitality-Dr-Randolph-Polarity/dp/0941732088/ref=sr_1_1/026-6165670-3050047?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186943510&sr=8-1