About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

But does it work under pressure?

Chapter 1. BILL'S STORY page 15
The joy of living we REALLY have, even under pressure and difficulty.

Chapter 1. BILL'S STORY page 15
It is a design for living that works in rough going.

Chapter 5. HOW IT WORKS page 68
Just to the extent that we do as we think He would have us,
and humbly rely on Him,
does He enable us to match calamity with serenity.

Chapter 1. BILL'S STORY page 15
On talking to a man there, I would be AMAZINGLY lifted up and set on my feet.

Chapter 7. WORKING WITH OTHERS page 89
It works when other activities fail. (intensive work with other alcoholics.)

Chapter 8. TO WIVES page 104
No situation is too difficult
and no unhappiness too great to be overcome.

Chapter 8. TO WIVES page 116
Time after time, this apparent calamity has been a boon to us,
for it opened up a path which led to the discovery of God.

No comments: