About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The 'Alcoholic Mind' Do you still have one?

(In regard to the ability to be around alcohol after Step 9)
Chapter 7. WORKING WITH OTHERS page 101
We meet these conditions every day.
An alcoholic who cannot meet them, still has an ALCOHOLIC MIND;
there is something the matter with his spiritual status.

Chapter 3. MORE ABOUT ALCOHOLISM page 41
I now remembered what my alcoholic friends had told me,
how they prophesied that if I had an ALCOHOLIC MIND,
the time and place would come -- I would drink again.

Chapter 2. THERE IS A SOLUTION page 23
Therefore, the main problem of the alcoholic centers in his mind, rather than in his body.

Chapter 3. MORE ABOUT ALCOHOLISM page 42
I knew from that moment that I had an ALCOHOLIC MIND.
I saw that will power and self-knowledge would not help
in those strange mental blank spots.

Chapter 2. THERE IS A SOLUTION page 24
The almost certain consequences that follow taking even a glass of beer
do not crowd into the (alcoholic) MIND to deter us.

No comments: