About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If you can't eat it in moderation. Avoid it altogether.

Perhaps wait till you get to step 9 before you try this. Its more of a long term goal than an early recovery thing.

Eat bland foods if you have a tendency to overeat
Un processed food
Fruit vegetables

Eat stuff like in the book 'you are what you eat'.

Basmati whole-wheat rice is ok.
Add marigold low salt stock
And liquid aminos for flavour
Sprinkle some linseeds on when its cooked. Or sunflower or sesame seeds.

Add pine nuts and raw sugar snap peas
Or curry powder, raisins and coconut. Perhaps a few cashews as well.
Or broken up omlette and cashews.
Or celery apple and cashews
Or tomato, cucumber, feta cheese and olives
Or tomatoes, celery and cucumber
Or tomato puree, chili sauce and kidney beans
Or some DECENT tofu brand. From better health food shops.
Or just some soy sauce
Whatever really

Add Omega 3 6 9 oil and freshly squeezed lemon or lime.

Go to the salad bar of a GOOD vegetarian health food place (or look at what even places like marks and spencer are selling) and get some ideas from the things they are serving

No comments: