About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Higher Powered

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 85
If we have carefully followed directions,
we have begun to sense the flow of His Spirit into us.

Chapter 4. WE AGNOSTICS page 46
As soon as we admitted the possible existence
of a Creative Intelligence,
a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of things,
we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction,

Chapter 2. THERE IS A SOLUTION page 25
The central fact of our lives today
is the absolute CERTAINTY
that our Creator has entered into our hearts
and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous.

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 85
Much has already been said
about receiving strength, inspiration, and direction
from Him who has all knowledge and power.

Chapter 4. WE AGNOSTICS
page 50
This Power
has in each case accomplished the miraculous,
the humanly impossible.

Chapter 5. HOW IT WORKS page 63
This was only a beginning,
though if honestly and humbly made,
an effect,
sometimes a VERY great one,
was felt AT ONCE.

Chapter 5. HOW IT WORKS page 63
As we felt new power flow in,
as we enjoyed peace of mind,
as we discovered we could face life successfully,
as we became conscious of His presence,
we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter.

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 83
We will suddenly realize
that God is doing for us
what we could not do for ourselves.

Chapter 1. BILL'S STORY page 13
My friend promised when these things were done
I WOULD enter upon a new relationship with my Creator;

Chapter 4. WE AGNOSTICS
page 55
For faith in a Power greater than ourselves,
and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives,
are facts as old as man himself.

No comments: