About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Does the BB say that simply not drinking is enough?

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 82
We feel a man is unthinking when he says that sobriety is enough.

Chapter 2. THERE IS A SOLUTION page 19
We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning.

Chapter 11. A VISION FOR YOU page 152
Now and then a serious drinker, being DRY at the moment says,
"I don't miss it at all. Feel better. Work better. Having a better time."
As ex-problem drinkers, we smile at such a sally.
We know our friend is like a boy whistling in the dark to keep up his spirits.
He fools himself.
Inwardly he would give anything to take half a dozen drinks and get away with them.
He will presently try the old game again, for he isn't happy about his sobriety.
He cannot picture life without alcohol.
Some day he will be unable to imagine life either with alcohol or without it.
Then he will know loneliness such as few do.
He will be at the jumping-off place.
He will wish for the end.

Looks like a resounding NO then!

No comments: