About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Drink 3Litres of water a day in the Summer

And at least 2 Litres of water a day in the Winter.
And (something like) an extra half pint for every half hour of exercise you do per day.

Best time to drink is on an empty stomach in the morning.
I have 2 pints first thing, and have another 4 pints at my desk before 5pm so that when I go home I can eat dinner straight away.

Room temperature water is better than chilled water.

Do not drink when you are eating. It dilutes the gastric juices and slows digestion

Allow 20mins after drinking before you eat.
That's how long it takes for water to get out of the stomach and into the small intestine.

Allow 2 hours after eating before you drink
That's how long it takes for food to get out of the stomach and into the small intestine.

Don't wait till you feel thirsty before you drink water
By the time you feel thirsty, the body is already dehydrated.

When your body is dehydrated your blood becomes more 'sticky' and doesn't move nearly so well through the veins.
That's why they always say drink lots of water on flights so that you don't end up getting thrombosis.

You can tell if you are dehydrated because your pee will not be pale.
Pale pee is good and means your body has enough water.

Its the best and cheapest moisturizer!

Tea, coffee, etc doesn't count. It has to be water.
Apparently, (in theory) even if you drink 3 gallons of tea, the caffiene in the tea will mean that you end up peeing MORE than three gallons. Basically, the more caffiene-y drinks you have, the less water your body has.

Please use common sense when doing these things!, so if your doctor tells you you are allergic to water or something, please ignore this!

It's just that I've found this very helpful. I only started it a year ago or something, but it COMPLETLY changed my eating patterns, energy levels, and caffeine addiction. Thank God!

No comments: