About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Step Five Promises

Chapter 6. INTO ACTION page 76
Once we have taken this step, withholding nothing,
we are delighted.
We can look the world in the eye.
We can be alone at perfect peace and ease.
Our fears fall from us.
We begin to feel the nearness of our Creator.
We may have had certain spiritual beliefs,
but now we begin to have a spiritual experience.
The feeling that the drink problem has disappeared will often come strongly.
We feel we are on the Broad Highway,
walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Irish friend,
As I inch through my 20th year I am finishing another annual 4th/5th step and once again ended up at yr site- specifically on your 5th step page. Your clarity, devotion, and constancy are lessons to us all, and you always speak program truthfully. For that, thank you. I added a page on my blog which you might enjoy - it's at: http://cametobelieve.wetpaint.com/page/Do+Good%2C+do+good%2C+do+good

If you cannot cut & paste the URL it is at www.cametobelieve.wetpaint.com on the page Do Good Do Good Do Good.

All the best always, one day at a time - Owen