About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Definition of Thorough

1 Exhaustively complete: a thorough search.
2 Painstakingly accurate or careful: thorough research.
3 Absolute; utter: a thorough pleasure.

So, it looks like the first 100 members are telling you
in NO uncertain terms
that in order for this programme to work
ie meaning 'you have recovered'
as opposed to being what they call 'dry' or 'like a boy whistling in the dark'

You need to be
Exhaustively complete
Painstakingly accurate
and Absolute
in your execution of the instructions they have so kindly made available to you.

And if you are not
Exhaustively complete
Painstakingly accurate
and Absolute
in your execution of the instructions

Well then, they do NOT guarantee that you will recover.
Dry yes. Recovered? Its not a sure thing as far as they are concerned.

So you pays your money and you makes your choice.
What's it to be?
Thorough, and therefore pretty much a sure thing?
Permanent sobriety and all the cool stuff in the promises?

Or not thorough, and possibly not Permanent sobriety and all the cool stuff in the promises?

The choice is yours.
Its VERY clear what the first 100 members think we should do.

Chapter 5. HOW IT WORKS
page 58
With ALL the earnestness at our command,
we BEG of you
to be fearless and THOROUGH
from the very start.

No comments: