About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Nuts and seeds from Covent Garden Tesco

...if you happen to be passing.

In my opinion they are of better quality and cheaper than both holland and barret and health food shops.

Also they have an EXCELLENT seed mix which can be eaten on its own. Its got lots of essential oils in.
The Tesco in covent garden has by far the biggest seed and nut range I have seen in the other west end tescos.
And nuts can be really quite expensive under normal circumstances, so its worth getting ones that are very fresh and crunchy.
The poorer quality ones can be soft, old or have moth type things in them if they are stored incorrectly. Holland and Barrett tend to be ok, but I think the tesco ones are cheaper and crunchier.

And last time I was in there, there was loads of really ok punnets of nectarines and plums reduced to 50p each. Which i don't EVER see at my local (kak) tesco.

No comments: