About Me

My photo
I have recovered from the disease of Alcoholism. I believe there is only one person really,.. everybody. And that peace of mind is everything. -So treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, because your neighbor IS yourself. I think most of recovery is what I would call common sense, but that learning to be ordinary is a true gift very few people acquire. My ambition is to accept everything unflinchingly, with compassion, and therefore be intrinsically comfortable in my own skin, no matter what. I am comfortable being uncomfortable and am willing to go to any lengths to improve my life. I believe the Big Book was divinely inspired, and is extraordinarily powerful. Unfortunately AA's best kept secret a lot of the time. (In my opinion). I just try to do what works, no matter what it is.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Happy Big Book Quotes

We are SURE God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free. p133

We aren't a glum lot. p132

We ABSOLUTELY INSIST on enjoying life. p132

There is, however, a VAST amount of FUN about it all. p16

The joy of living we REALLY have, even under pressure and difficulty. p15

We think cheerfulness and laughter make for usefulness. p132

If newcomers could see no joy or fun in our existence, they wouldn't want it. p132

When ALL other measure failed, work with another alcoholic WOULD save the day. p15

On talking to a man there, I would be AMAZINGLY lifted up and set on my feet. p15

We, (who have RECOVERED from serious drinking,) are MIRACLES of MENTAL HEALTH. p133

There are those, too, who suffer from GRAVE emotional and mental disorders, but MANY of them DO recover IF they have the capacity to be HONEST. p58

It is a design for living that WORKS in ROUGH going. p15

There is scarcely any form of trouble and misery which has not been overcome among us. p15

Our troubles, we think, are basically of our OWN making. p62

It is CLEAR that WE made our own misery. p133

Avoid then, the deliberate manufacture of misery. p133

We CANNOT subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears,
though it once was just that for many of us. p133

We try not to indulge in cynicism over the state of the nations,
nor do we carry the world's troubles on our shoulders. p132

Outsiders are sometimes shocked when we burst into merriment
over a seemingly tragic experience out of the past. But why shouldn't we laugh? We have recovered. p132

The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. p152

When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God’s hands were better than ANYTHING we could have planned. p100

I have since been brought into a way of living infinitely more satisfying and, I hope, more useful than the life I lived before. My old manner of life was by no means a bad one, but I would not exchange its best moments for the worst I have now. I would not go back to it even if I could. p43

Follow the dictates of a Higher Power and you will presently live in a new and wonderful world, no matter what your present circumstances! p100

There exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is INDESCRIBABLY WONDERFUL. p17

We have found much of heaven and we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed. p25

If you persist, REMARKABLE things will happen. p100

You WILL find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination WILL be fired. p151

Most of us feel we need look no further for Utopia. We have it with us right here and now. p16

Our joy in escape from disaster does not subside as we go our individual ways. p17

Joy at our release from a lifetime of frustration knew no bounds. p129

Everybody know that those in bad health, and those who seldom play, do not laugh much. p132

Inwardly he would give anything to take half a dozen drinks and get away with them. He will presently try the old game again, for he ISN'T HAPPY about his sobriety. p152

No comments: